Sunday 27 September 2015

BOOK REVIEW: The Children of Darkness by David Litwack

                                                 BOOK REVIEW


            The Children of Darkness

             by
        
       David Litwack


     

Midnights_Darling -The Emo Kittie's 

The Children of Darkness (Seekers #1)
by David Litwack (Goodreads Author)
read in September, 2015
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway that was hosted by the author. I was pretty excited upon receiving the email I had won it. I am a avid reader of all Dystopia books and this sounded great.

The Children of Darkness, by David Litwack , wasn't the typical Dystopia I prefer to read. My excitement to read this book quickly wavered once I reached the third/fourth chapter. It started off slow, slower than what I normally consider tolerable for the start of a book.

Thoughts on the story and characters.

Nathaniel, Orah and Thomas were nice characters, but, at times they annoyed me. I think it had a lot to do with how the author created the structure of how they communicated with one another.

Examples

Orah to Nathaniel " Nathaniel of Little Pond, I think this may work"

The vicors to Orah " Orah of Little Pond who's name means Light"


They spoke like this through out the book and it highly annoyed me.


The book is set in the future in a modest community where there is no cars or electronics in the world, I felt the way the backdrop of the town and the attire of how the characters where described to dress felt medieval. I feel the author would of been better not making it a dystopia and setting it back in a medieval time instead. I'm not going to lie, I did struggle reading this due to these minor factors. I would of much rather it as a adventure novel. There were times when I really enjoyed this book and would start to think okay this is going to get really good, something major is about to happen, but nothing too drastic ever happen and....That disappointed me. The author would build and build a scene up and then BAMB nothing too exciting ended up happening. There was also a lot of wondering through the woods that also annoyed me. The conversation between the characters wasn't enough to carry the story either. They did have a nice friendship but nothing rememberable. I did want to like this book. BELIEVE ME I DID! But there was so many times I was let down with it.

I gave the book 3/5 simply because the story line was good but it lacked in other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment